Barnwell Cambridge were awarded the contract to provide all of the associated electrical services in the upgrade of the heritage listed Taronga Zoo Upper Entry Precinct. The scope on this project included the design, supply, installation, commissioning, testing, placing into service and maintenance of all associated electrical services. The removal and demolition of existing electrical services and the provision of temporary services whilst the work was being undertaken were also included within our scope. Keeping in mind that all these works were performed under strict guidelines as the Building is Heritage listed and did not allow normal installation methods to be adopted.
Maintaining services to all the Zoo facilities during this period was of paramount importance as the site compound was required to have electric hot wire fencing to all perimeterarea and access points at all times to prevent the entry of predators to the Zoo and also the escape of any exhibits from within the Zoo.
The project consists of
- Temporary generators
- New Substation (and alternations to the existing)
- Associated HV and LV switchgear
- Main switchboards, distribution boards, sub mains,
- C-Bus interface, control relays,
- Emergency and Exit Lighting;
- Electrical Hot Wire fencing
- General Voice and data
- Including data and telephone backbone cabling, horizontal cabling
- Sound System for public address and soundscape
- Security system intruder detection devices and CCTV
- MATV System